THE GLORIOUS SONS
NEW MUSIC "KILL THE LIGHTS" OUT NOW; ALBUM MID 2017
There is a mechanic shop in the heart of industrial Kingston - it’s tucked in the corner of a dusty cul-de-sac, surrounded by dead trees and rusted out machinery. That’s where The Glorious Sons call home. Having burst onto the scene with 7 consecutive top-10 rock radio hits (“Mama” #6, “White Noise” #2, “Heavy” #2, "Lightning" #2, "The Contender" #1, "Sometimes On A Sunday" #7, "Kill The Lights" #7 and climbing), this band’s ascent in the world of Canadian music has been quick and well-deserved. The Sons were by all metrics, the most-played new Canadian artist on Rock radio from 2014 through 2016.
In January the band released their latest single, "Kill The Lights" as a gift to fans. The track was #1 most added at rock radio in it's first week, and debuted inside the top 65 single sales via Neilsen SoundScan.
The band are recording their new album in March with an eye towards a summer release.
- CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST TGS ONE-PAGER
- "The Union" album nominated for Rock Album of the Year at the 2015 Juno Awards
- Winners of Group and Rock Artist of the Year at the 2015 SiriusXM Indie Awards
- Over 25,000 albums/EPs sold to date; Over 73,000 singles sold to date
- "Heavy" featured as the theme song for WWE's Battleground PPV
- "The Contender" featured on FS1's UFC Fight Night
- Cumulative radio audience in excess of 263M, in excess of 60K spins
- "Heavy" single US airplay on SiriusXM Octane, CIMX, WMMR, WTPA, WLZX, WCPR, WHXR, KFLY, WQLZ and more
- Featured on syndicated rock radio programs such as Hard Drive and the Syxx Sense
- "Heavy" video over 1M plays on YouTube
- "Lightning" video premiered with Guitar World
- Over 350 tour dates since the album's independent release in September 2014
- The most-played band at Active Rock in Canada in 2015 ahead of Foo Fighters, ACDC and Pearl Jam; #2 most-played in 2016 despite being off-cycle.
- Worth 600-2000 tickets nationally in Canada
- "The Contender" single reached #1 in Canada, making it the band's 4th consecutive top-3 single and 5th consecutive top-10.
To view the band's 6-song live session performance at SessionsX produced by Gavin Brown, click HERE.